Rub-a-dub-dub, Three Kids in a Tub
Ruby having fun going down the wet slide
Well, I finally was able to get the pictures to upload correctly. Now I am off to bed. I wish I could list all that I did today! But why would I bore both of you? I can say that Monday was incredibly productive. Incredibly. You should see under my kitchen sink. And I pulled a massive amount of weeds from the front yard. Here I go…I better stop now.
But I do have to say that I cannot get over how Molly and Mack are like two peas in a pod. They played all day together. Ruby just jumps in and out of their play–sometimes she just wants to annoy, while other times she truly wants to do what they are doing or at least get them to do what she wants to do. The only time intervention is needed with Molly and Mack is when I hear her yelling at him, “NO, MACK! You sit down. You sit down right now. I am the teacher. You do what I say!” Mack usually comes out crying for someone to help him. Molly quickly changes her tone and all is well. Don’t ask me where she learned such a harsh tone because I have no idea.
I think today is a list day…and maybe some pictures….all to help me sort out my mind on this Monday morning.
1. We took the kids to see UP last night. Josh and I enjoyed it and the kids seemed to, but there were many perilous moments filled with growling, mean dogs, shot guns, etc….Not sure we made the best decision. We’ll stick with G-ratings from now on. At least we didn’t see the 3-D version; they may have been scarred for life!
2. I stayed home from church yesterday because Molly had a fever on Saturday evening with some stomach issues. I terribly miss church when I don’t get to go. We’ve all been dealing with her crazy requests “because I don’t feel very good.”
3. Mack has been sleeping in his big boy bed since Friday night. So far, so good. Sunday morning he did wake up at 6:00am and push the gate down to get out of his room.
4. I paid bills on line and realized I might have overlooked our car payment. I fretted over it, but then realized I actually made three car payments in April. What in the world was I thinking? I mean, we can all agree there wasn’t much thinking involved.
5. Ruby is starting to wash her self in the tub. And she is loving being able to brush her own hair. Little by little she is becoming more independent. I love it.
6. I am doing a Bible Study on how to know my role as a woman and how to defend my mind and my marriage. I am learning so much and am so thankful for the Word of God that renews my mind and helps me in all situations. The spiritual warfare has been a bit “amped up.” I am excited to see how God will be working in our lives over the next few weeks. I am praying that the Lord will confirm the works of our hands and that the beauty of the Lord would shine upon us. He has a plan; I want to trust Him more.
7. I am going to do some role-playing with the girls today in an effort to teach them manners and how to introduce themselves, etc. We’ll see how it goes.
Mack was a huge help to Josh as they put up the big boy bed we borrowed from the Anderson’s.
I have more pictures, but they are being difficult this morning. And in an effort to not spend the whole morning on this silly computer, I give up. Here’s to a productive Monday!